Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I survived...

Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since my Daddy passed away. May 30th was the day, actually. It was a very rough week because his birthday was on the 24th, and he would have been 60. I so wish he would have been here to celebrate with us. As hard as you try to make everything stop, time and life keep passing. As I reflect on the 28 wonderful years I shared with my dad, so many wonderful memories come to my mind. I cherish those memories and visit them often. I had the most wonderful father a child could ask for. He was kind, patient, supportive, loving, caring. He was at every event my brother and I were involved in growing up, and I could see the pride and love he had for us. He had his faults, as does everybody, but being a father was his passion and what he did best. I can only hope he was proud of the people my brother and I have become, and I hope he realized while he was alive that without him and my mom, Bub and I wouldn't be near the people we are today, and that we were proud of him as our Dad.

I don't think it was much easier this year, as all the emotions from last year came flooding back, but I thank God everyday I have an amazing blessing and bright spot in my life, my Ethan. He has truly been a God-send in every sense and I can't imagine my life without that precious little boy. I miss my dad terribly, and I'm sad he's not here to share Ethan's life with me, but I know he's smiling on us and loving that baby from his seat in Heaven. With the arrival of my brother's son very, very near, my family is being tremendously blessed again with this new life. I'm so thankful my other nephew, Reese, was able to know my dad and he can share stories with Ethan and Bub's baby about their grandad. The last week in May will continue to be a somber week for me for many many years to come. I don't think it will ever get easier, but my life is being continuously blessed here on Earth. I'll always have a Daddy sized hole in my life, but I'm so very thankful for the wonderful years we had together and the memories we made. Those memories will be with me always. I love you and miss you, Daddy.

1 comment:

~Trina~ said...

Ronnie was and would be extremely proud of you and James Allen. I can see his eyes light up concerning anthing about y'all.