Ethan continues to be my life's greatest blessing, and I love him more and more everyday, if that's even possible. He turned 2 years old in December...can you believe it? Where does the time go? He continues to amaze me with his sweet, joyful spirit. It's so contagious, and his smile brightens my heart like no other. I've included a few pictures taken over the last several weeks, and months. Be prepared to smile! :)
Some of the pictures above, obviously, were taken in Dumas. I have so many, it's almost impossible to keep them current on here. However, I PROMISE, I will be better about this whole blogging thing in 2011. I have beach pictures, birthday pictures, Christmas pictures, and so many more to share.
Just a few things that have happened since our relocation:
* We sold our house in Dumas last summer. I can't remember the exact month, but as I've said before, a very bittersweet blessing.
* We joined an amazing church a few months ago. River Hills Baptist. Our pastor is one of the
most humble, God-seeking, examples of a Christian man, and I have the upmost respect for him. Our Sunday School class is comprised of a group of some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Not only are we cultivating friendships for Ronnie and myself, but for Ethan as well. He loves the kids and the ladies in the nursery at church, and rarely even turns to say "Bye bye" to me anymore. Grateful, but, selfishly, tear... :,(
* We spent the holidays away from our families, and it was tough. This was the first time, in my entire life, that I've ever been away from my family for Christmas. However, thanks to some great friends, we had an amazing Thanksgiving lunch with the Luis Garcia family, and our
friends, Rob & Karen. And, thank you to the Simmons family and Herrington family (our pastor and family), we were able to spend Christmas afternoon with them, enjoying their company and some great food. SO BLESSED!!!
* We celebrated 2 years with precious Ethan! I can't believe my baby boy is already 2. It was a great weekend full of family, friends and celebration! We had right at 30 people in our
apartment! Interesting, but worked out well. We had a rock star themed party, and it was oh, so fun!! Again, SO BLESSED!
* My mom was offered a new position in Midland, Texas. Still with Devon, just with a different department, and we moved her right before Christmas. She is not much closer to us than she was in OKC, but she is closer to my Memom and my brother and his family. She just closed on her new home, and it is beautiful!! I'm so happy for her. I was somewhat torn when she said she was moving to Midland. When I drove away from Midland Memorial Hospital 3 1/2 short years ago, after spending the last 2 weeks of my Dad's life here on earth with him, I pretty much figured I would never have to return to Midland again. I was scared my emotions would get the best of me, and I would struggle visiting my mom. However, my Ronnie told me to just think of it as the place where my mom lives, not the place my Dad died, and that has helped. I was not near as torn up as I though I would be. I did shed a few tears the first time, and I just try my best to avoid driving by my dad's place or the hospital, and I think I will be fine.
* We found out we are going to be an Aunt and Uncle again. Ronnie's younger brother, Rusty,
and his wife, Tori, are expecting their first! So excited God continues to grow our family!
* My dad was joined in Heaven by my sister-in-law's sweet Daddy on January 21, 2011. We
were able to make the trip to Snyder to be there for the services, and time with family. He will be greatly missed, but praise the Lord he is no longer in pain or suffering. God's promise of a pain-free eternity in His glory reminds me, that even though these men are missed terribly on this earth by those left behind, they are dancing at the foot of the throne, in their healed, perfected bodies!!! What an amazing thing we have to look forward to! I would not exchange the glory either one of them are experiencing for another minute on this earth with us in pain.
Wow - that was way longer than I ever expected it to be. We've been busy! Lots of challenges, and opportunities to seek the Lord and His plan for our lives. I will post more later, with more pictures to share! But in the meantime, a couple of recent ones: