Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today...a Day that will go Down in History

***If this post offends anyone, well just get over it. I'm not going to apologize for voicing my opinions and beliefs.***

Ok, so everybody knows what today is. If not, well, you must live in a hole because for about the last year, it's all we have heard about. I don't like to get into politics much because I realize not everybody shares my opinions and points of view, and frankly, I'm not educated enough in the subject to dwell too deeply into any heated discussions. I have to say I'm just as ready as the next person for this day to be over, but I'm even more tired of the coverage, the lies presented to this nation, and the one-sided media views of our candidates. I'm not 100% Republican; however, more times than not, I will vote that way because their platform is more in line with my beliefs than that of the Democratic party. But, in the event, I'm ever off my rocker and feel the Democratic candidate is the best man for the job, he will get my vote. This election year is DEFINITELY NOT one of those off my rocker years! I am amazed every day in the people of America, and the lies they believe. Their reasons for voting for this Messiah-like Democratic candidate are crazy - they are not thinking things through, and I'm constantly taken aback. I've heard reasons anywhere from "I'm voting for Obama because he's black" to "I'm voting for Obama because I'm young and I've never seen a President get assassinated." Seriously?!!? I don't care if he was green and purple polka dotted, the color of his skin should not be the main reason people vote for him. Yes, today, history will definitely be made...we will either have a man of color or a woman in the White House. I joke that my #1 reason for voting for McCain is Obama himself, but in all actuality, my reasons are much more thought out and deeper than that. Even if Obama wins the election, I can at least say I did my part to keep him out of the White House. I simply cannot stand by and support someone who won't even support the spirit of this great nation. This is America, the greatest nation in the world, and ONE NATION UNDER GOD, and we, as American citizens, are among the most blessed people in the world. This man won't even salute the red, white and blue that so many have fought and died for. He wants to change the national anthem to "If I Could Teach the World to Sing"?! What the...?!?!?! Our rights and priveleges as Americans MUST be protected, or we will loose them! I'm not saying I agree with everything Bush has done in the last 8 years; but I can say he has kept this war off of American soil. Also, people are so quick to blame him for everything, but they (Dems in particular) don't take into consideration that Congress is Democratic, and that Bush doesn't have the power they believe he does. There are very few things he can do on his own without Congress's approval. Clinton left this country vulnerable and Bush has gotten the blame since day one.

I'm not trying to convince people to vote McCain; I'm just asking and praying that people consider all the facts (not lies) presented and seriously think through their vote. I just hope by the end of the day, my faith in the American people and this democracy will be restored.

No comments: